v.p. v.i., 1826. Very Good. Item #27296
V.p.: v.i., 1826-1838. Mixed Editions. 12mo (18cm.); contemporary sheep over marbled boards. Contemporary library markings including spine shelf number and ex libris mounted to upper cover, neat manuscript table of contents affixed to front pastedown, hand-made paper fore-edge tabs, general scuffing to extremities, leather a bit dried, else Very Good overall. Contents as follows:
1. [Henry Ware]. "The Faith Once Delivered to the Saints...Printed for the American Unitarian Association." Boston: Isaac R. Butts and Co., 1826. Second Edition. 24pp. SHOEMAKER 23507.
2. [William Ellery Channing]. "A Discourse on the Evidence of Revealed Religion...Printed for the American Unitarian Association." Boston: Isaac R. Butts and Co., 1826. Third Edition. 35,pp. SHOEMAKER 24052.
3. Simon Clough. "A Discourse Delivered at the Opening of the Christian Meetinghouse in Boston, at the corner of Summer and Sea Streets. December 29, 1825." Boston: Isaac R. Butts and Co., 1826. First Edition. 36pp. SABIN 13780; SHOEMAKER 24129.
4. [Samuel Barrett]. "One Hundred Scriptural Arguments for the Unitarian Faith...Printed for the American Unitarian Association." Boston: Isaac R. Butts and Co., 1826. Third Edition. 16pp. SHOEMAKER 23510.
5. Andrew Bigelow. "The Bible the Christian's Text-Book; and The Theory of Original Sin Examined. Two sermons preached at Chelsea on Lord's Day, Oct. 21, 1827." Boston: Bowles and Dearborn, 1827. First Edition. 40pp.
6. F.W.P. Greenwood. "An Essay on the Lord's Supper." Boston: Bowles and Dearborn, 1827. Second Edition. 60pp.
7. Charles W. Upham. "Principles of the Reformation. A sermon preached at the dedication of the house of public worship of the First Congregational Society in Salem, November 16, 1826." Salem: James R. Buffum, 1827. Second Edition. 48pp. SABIN 98045.
8. Orville Dewey. "Two Discourses Designed to Illustrate in Some Particulars, the original use of the Epistles of the New Testament, compared with their use and application at the present day." Boston: Isaac R. Butts and Co., 1827. First Edition. 35,pp. Bound with half title.
9. Anonymous. "The Mischiefs of Slander" [drop title]. N.p.: ca. 1827. 12pp.; illus. At head of title: No. 309.
10. Philanthropos [pseud. William Ladd]. "A Brief Illustration of the Principles of War and Peace, showing the ruinous policy of the former, and the superior efficacy of the latter, for national protection and defense; clearly manifested by their practical operations and opposite effects upon nations, kingdoms and people." Albany: Packard and Van Benthuysen, 1831. First Edition. 112pp. SABIN 38522.
11. James Renwick. "Outlines of Geology, prepared for the use of the junior class of Columbia College." New-York: Henry Ludwig, 1838. First Edition. 96pp. Errata leaf bound in rear. Title page inscribed "James Wadsworth of [?] from the author."